1-Day Course Packed With Essentials Communication
Theories and Effective Methods Includes
Interactive Exercises and Trainer Guides
Program Duration: 1 day
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate
"You can make more friends in two month by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
As social entities, we spend a lot of time and effort in communication with others. Mastering the art of communication increases our chances of success in both professional and personal lives. Any performance improvement here will directly lead to benefits for your team, your job and your personal life.
Communication skills can be learned and mastered through persistent practice.
skills can be
successful communication such as Styles of Communication, Effective Listening and Questioning Skills, Assertiveness, Empathy and more. To master communication skills, extensive interactive and hands-on exercises are provided during the training course which encourage learning and increase the delegates' confidence.
- What is an ideal communication?
- What are different styles of communication?
- What are the 4 orientations in communication and how does each person’s style impact their communication with you?
- What does it mean to be assertive and how can you achieve it?
- How to provide feedback to others so they take your word seriously?
- How can you avoid appearing aggressive?
- How to use systematic methods to evaluate what you know about yourself and what you know about others?
- How to learn which areas you need to work on to improve yourself based on other people’s impression of you?
- How to ask the right questions at the right time?
- How to get what you want and stay friends?
- How to address uncomfortable issues and prepare others to open up to you?
- What are the differences between open and closed questions and how can you take advantage of each?
- How to seamlessly guide a conversation towards the direction of your choice?
- What causes misunderstanding?
- How can you minimize misunderstanding?
- How can stereotyping affect your communication?
- How to use active listening to gain rapport and commitment?
- When should you use first person sentences when communicating with others and when should you use second person?
- What is the effect of empathy on communication?
- How to use a simple empathic technique to construct sentences based on what you hear
- from others and make an empathic communication?
- How to handle phone conversations?
- How to put people on hold?
- How to transfer a phone call to someone else?
- How to end a phone call?
- How can you read people through their body language and understand their motives better?
- What gestures should you be aware of?
- What are the differences between open and closed body gestures and how do they impact
- your communication with others?
- How to spot lies?
- How to control your voice to get maximum effect?
- Use different communication styles when needed based on circumstances
- Express your ideas assertively, confidently and precisely
- Ask the right questions for the right reasons
- Discover what you know about yourself and how others think of you
- Avoid misunderstandings and overcome communication barriers
- Empathize to establish trust and communicate effectively
- Deliver your potentially negative message and get a good response
- Read and interpret body language and gestures while communicating with others